Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Ticket Fiasco

So Taylor announced her Red tour, which kicks off in March and goes through September so far. Tickets went on sale November 16 at 10am. I was worried. 

I couldn't get tickets for the Speak Now tour because it sold out in three days. I was worried about the Red tour since her career has skyrocketed so much. I knew tickets would go fast and I wanted to be ready. But I had a test that day at 10am when they went on sale. This only caused more worrying and panic. 

On November 11th, I received an email with a secret code to be able to purchase tickets as part of the presale the next day at 1pm. WHAT? I was surprised and so so soooooo happy that I would be able to try to get tickets without messing up my test! So at 12:50pm on that Sunday, I was ready. I had my code and my laptop and Ticketmaster already loaded. As SOON as they became available, I entered my code and searched for the 'best available.' No luck. I tried again. Nothing. I must have searched 15 different times and it couldn't find tickets. Finally, it found two tickets, but the were in the back, third level, $200. I gave them up and searched over and over for almost an hour. I finally gave up. 

Later that day, I found out 14 stadium and arena shows were sold out within MINUTES, including the one I was shooting for. Taylor sold out three stadiums and several arenas
Toronto’s Rogers Centre stadium (sold out in 5 minutes)
Detroit’s Ford Field stadium (sold out in 10 minutes)
Chicago’s Soldier Field stadium (sold out in 25 minutes)
Los Angeles (2 shows in 1 minute)
Washington DC (2 shows in 5 minutes)
Atlanta (2 shows in 5 minutes)
Miami, Tampa, Columbus, San Diego and Sacramento.

In response to the strong demand for tickets, the following shows have been added to the previously announced RED Tour dates:
June 14 - Toronto
July 26 - Foxborough, MA
August 23/24 - Los Angeles   

Taylor Swift’s The RED Tour will now include 11 stadium stops,
 for a total of 62 shows in 45 cities in 29 states and 3 provinces in 2013.  
I have another city in mind that I will try to get tickets 
 for as soon as they go on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment