Saturday, September 3, 2011

First, let me explain the purpose of this blog. 

This is a blog about life, love, and everything in between on the journey to become a doctor.
This is actually my second blog.
My other blog is called Tip Top Nails. 
I post my nail art and talk about nail polish. 
But a few days ago, I realized that I feel limited with that blog. 
I wanted to start another one.

This blog has two main purposes:
 One, I can post about anything. 
Two, I can post more frequently, even if I'm taking classes. 

On my nail blog, the posts were very time-consuming. 
Each design would take at least an hour to paint, plus drying time. 
Then I would have to take pictures and write the post. 
So each post would easily take at least three hours from painting to posting. 
Obviously, I only have that kind of free time in the summer. 
When classes would start back up again, 
the posts would pretty much stop for the semester because I just don't have the time. 

Also on my nail blog, I was limited to posting only about nail stuff. 
I didn't like posting non-nail related things on a nail blog because they just didn't seem to fit. 
So I wanted a blog where I could post about anything...
totally random and whatever I'm thinking and not having to worry 
about the content of the post fitting into the theme of the blog. 

Therefore, this blog will be about anything I want it to be,
which will probably include: 
o   Life . . . and all its ups and downs 
o   Love . . . and it's fuzzy feelings
o   Astronomy . . . and the wonders of the universe
o   House MD . . . and the sarcasm of Dr. Gregory House
o   Taylor Swift . . . and her incredible lyrics 
o   The long journey to become a doctor . . . and the inevitable bumps along the way
o   And everything in between

I'm very excited about this blog, especially because I would like it to be long-term. A documentary of my life. I hope to be able to look back over these posts after I have become a board-certified doctor and reflect and realize how much of a long journey it was but how I handled it and ended up overcoming all the obstacles.


"Sunsets are so beautiful that they seem as if we were looking through the gates of Heaven." -John Lubbock


No comments:

Post a Comment