Sunday, September 25, 2011

Oh happy day!

Today is Sunday. 
September 25, 2011.
I can't believe it's already almost October.

This past week was actually a pretty great week. 
I made an A on my first cell biology test. 
Relief! 
I was way beyond stressed about it, too! 
I also made an A on my first organic chemistry test. 
I felt even more special because she put a STICKER on my test. 
Yeah, it's a little childish, but it made my day brighter. 
Then I got to watch my organic teacher
try to wiggle around and keep up at zumba. 
Hilarious. That alone totally made my Wednesday better. 
I had a class canceled on Thursday and they served 
one of my favorite things in the dining hall: chicken parmesean! 
Thursday also held a trip to Jandy's! 
Only the best frozen yogurt place ever.  

This past weekend was great, too. 
AND I was incredibly productive.
It just wasn't long enough.
I got to spend it with Aaron. 
Monday, why do you have to come? 

This coming week should be relatively easy. 
I don't have any tests.
That's nice.

Friday is the start of Mountain Day weekend! 
Mountain Day is a celebration of our founder's (Martha Berry) birthday. 
On Friday, we have the Mountain Day Olympics.
Each dorm picks a different theme, there are t-shirts made,
and everyone dresses up and we compete in events for points.
Pretty excited. 

Saturday is the ACTUAL Mountain Day: October 1. 
There's a special picnic lunch on mountain campus 
while the band plays background music.  
There's booths selling stuff.
In the afternoon, the Grand March is held. 
You wear a specific color to designate your grade level.
All the students march up and down a hill several times.
It doesn't sound like much but apparently it's fun. 
But I wouldn't know. 
This is the first year I will be able to participate. 
The past two years I had to play with the band while everyone else marched. 
I quit band this year.
My class load was just too much.
I'm excited about being able to participate 
in the Grand March this year.
*cue sarcasm*
Yay for marching up and down 
a steep hill several times in the sun 
in the middle of the afternoon.
But, hey, at least I'm not playing in the band! 

 Also on Saturday is the best part of Mountain Day: Marthapalooza. 
It's a carnival right here on campus with food, music, rides, and games! 
The theme this year is superheroes. 
Last year it was "Martharitaville." 
My freshman year it was a space theme.

This week will probably be a good week too. 
And another good weekend. 
Aaron is coming for Marthapalooza.

No comments:

Post a Comment