Saturday, September 22, 2012

What Happened to August??

So.. I am about about five weeks into my senior year of college. Scary, right? Time went by way too fast. August FLEW by and now September is almost over too! It's even scarier to think this semester is alllmost halfway over! Anyways, so much has happened since I moved back to Berry on August 25. 

I moved into a new dorm and I withdrew from one of my classes (ART 102, the elective). I won't go into the messy drama that lead me to move out. There was a kitten, a panic attack, and I lost a 'friend.' But it doesn't even matter; I love where I live now. I'm back in the dorm I lived in my first two years at Berry so it feels like home. 
I couldn't have asked for a better solution. 

I withdrew from my art design class because my teacher was basically a critical hypocrite. She said there was no right or wrong in our class because our designs are solely based on our own interpretation and intention. Yet, for every assignment, we managed to be 'wrong,' and had to redo them all. I had finally had enough and I dropped it. I didn't have time to draw on 10 sheets of paper each week, only to nervously wait as she criticizes and judges them, just to hear her say we didn't do it right and have to redo them all. Incredibly frustrating. And stressful on me and my other classes. My advisor also agreed that I should drop it. I'll take an extra class next semester to make up for it and 
I should still graduate on time. So that was that. 

I have fully embraced my job as a biology tutor. I tutor every day except Friday. It's mainly freshmen who just completely panic and haven't adjusted to college yet, but they always are super grateful that I help, which makes it all worthwhile. 

I joined a weekly prayer group that meets on Monday nights. I am really excited about how it's going to affect my life. I'm really excited.
 
Mountain Day is right around the corner. It's bittersweet that it's my last one as a student, but I am excited to finally wear blue. Girls wear pink and boys wear blue.
Senior girls wear blue and senior boys wear white. 

I'm still hoping heading for PA school. I think my family has finally accepted this and realized it might be the better move. Someone recently told my papaw that the healthcare system is moving toward favoring the physician assistants, mainly because of Obama care screwing the doctors. Finally. I have also acquired three GRE practice books, which I will eventually jump into... next year, most likely.

Today is Saturday. This next week is going to be CRAZY. It's time for the first round of tests. I have biochem on Monday, an art history quiz on Wednesday, an analytical lab journal due Wednesday, and an analytical exam on Thursday. I should be panicking. I am a little stressed and worried but really trying not to panic. After all, that biochem test is in a little over 24 hours and I'm BLOGGING! 
I probably should be studying..

No comments:

Post a Comment