Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Not Your Typical Student


Recently, I have realized that I am not your average college student.  

My freshman and sophomore years I was staying up late (often past midnight) every night, even with a roommate that went to bed at like 10 every night. I stayed up that late at home in high school (usually) and especially during the summer. But I could NOT get up early. Like before 9am. Nope. It just didn't happen with me.

During my junior year, I shifted to going to bed around midnight (if not before) and got up at 8am because I had class at 9. Every morning it was still so hard to get up that early. 

Now, this is my senior year. I have fallen back into the groove of basically staying up late. Way late. Like 2am! I stop doing homework around 12:30am or 1am and make myself go to sleep when I feel like I could be doing more work. But then I can get up early relatively easily (like 8 if I need/want to), or at least easier than it was my first couple years. 
I have never taken an 8am class. I have avoided them for a reason. 
I have never pulled an all nighter. 
I have never eaten ramen noodles.
I don't always need/have coffee (actually I rarely drink coffee at all anymore).
  I never drink energy drinks. 

 

So I am nothing like other premeds I have seen or talked to 
(or just science majors in general for that matter). 

No comments:

Post a Comment