Monday, August 13, 2012

GRE

So I have no freaking idea what the GRE is, what it covers, or what's it's like. 
I know NOTHING about this test.. which is kinda bad, 
because I have to take it if I want to apply to PA school. 
From what I have researched so far, this is what I know about the GRE: 


It costs $175 to register.

It takes about 4 hours to take. 

There's three parts: verbal, quantitative, and writing
 Verbal Reasoning: two 30 minute sections of 20 questions. 
Quantitative Reasoning (math): two 35 minute sections of 20 questions.
Analytical Writing: two 30 minute essays, issue task and argument task.

The verbal and math sections are scored 130 - 170.
The essays are scored 0 - 6.

It's computer-based and they provide an onscreen calculator.

I won't have to go all the way to Atlanta to take it, like the MCAT. 

It's only given a few times a year. Upcoming dates:
October 13, 2012
November 10, 2012
April 20, 2013  


No comments:

Post a Comment