Tuesday, August 7, 2012

PreMedLife


So I recently discovered PreMedLife magazine. 
It's an online magazine for pre medical students. 
I'm glad I found it. They have some pretty interesting articles.


I found it on Twitter first and they had asked for feedback from anyone that's already taken the MCAT. I sent an email saying I would love to give some feedback.  


This is the response I received: "We're putting together a short piece on things you wish you would have known before taking the MCAT.
 Is there anything in particular you wish you would have know beforehand?"

 
I thought about things for a few days and replied with this: 
Mainly, I wish I had known beforehand that there would be so much anatomy and physiology (especially circulation, gas exchange, and the kidneys). My major doesn't require them so I had not taken those classes and I had a professor even tell me that I wouldn't need them for the MCAT. He turned out to be really wrong It also would have been nice to know that the testing room was chilly. I would have liked to know about the security measures. I was expecting tight security, but not to that extent. There were cameras everywhere, audio recording devices, finger scans, metal detectors, and more. That alone was a little nerve racking. I was so afraid I would do something wrong and get in trouble! I also was caught off guard that not everyone started testing at the same time, which meant everyone was on breaks at different times. There was always people shuffling around and going out for breaks. I was told constants would be giving to you. They were not, which crippled me some in the physical science section. It would have saved me so much stress if I had known the real MCAT was simpler than the Kaplan practice tests I took. Also as a side note, I can't remember my essay topics and it's driving me crazy, especially now that I have my score. I wish I would have written them down afterward.

 
Now I suppose I will be obsessively checking their website to find an article published about the MCAT to see if they actually used anything I said. 


No comments:

Post a Comment