Sunday, August 19, 2012

Summer Is Over

Well, yesterday Aaron moved back to school.. and now I'm all alone. 
...for a whole week until I move in. 

I can't believe the summer is over. It went by super fast. 
I procrastinated and did basically nothing! I didn't even shadow! 
I did take the MCAT and get back average scores. 
I did talk to Dr. McDade and decide to try PA school instead of med school. 
But that's pretty much it.

These past few days leading up to it have been rough. Aaron was trying to pack things and scrambling to do last-minute things that had been put off all summer and I was in the way just trying to spend as much time with him as possible. I was with him most of Wednesday and Thursday. Friday he promised me that we would get up early (8am) and spend the whole day together. He got up even earlier to take his car to get serviced and then I got up at 7:30am to meet them breakfast. We did get to spend the whole day together; and then he took me home after midnight.  

Saturday morning I woke up at 5am to go to his house early since I wasn't planning on going because I would have to drive myself. We loaded his car, ate some cereal, watched tv, checked to see if he had everything, and then left at 10:30am. We stopped at a Taco Bell for a quick lunch - ohmygosh it was so good. I haven't had Taco Bell in months. We checked into his off campus apartment around 12:30pm and looked around. The lobby was nice. They have a pool and a small gym. Aaron's apartment has a big kitchen, laundry room, huge living room area with a small dining table. He has his own room and giant bathroom, just like his other three roommates. It was sooooo nice. I was definitely jealous. My little townhouse will feel so dumpy and small compared to that now.  

I was right. On the way back, we stopped to peek at my townhouse. We could see in a window at one of the bedrooms. IT IS SO SMALL. It has two tiny closets, two beds, two desks, and two short dressers that have two drawers. We are really going to have to rethink this now and scale back the stuff I'm taking. But, I am still excited because now I can start packing my stuff. I made a packing list and I have itching to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment