Friday, August 17, 2012

What? I'm a senior?

In college!? No way. It doesn't seem real. Time really flew by! 


So this semester, I'm taking: 

ART 102 A - Two-Dimensional Design
Study of two-dimensional design through problems solved and executed
using various traditional and digital-imaging media; 
study and application of color theory.

ART 201 A - Survey of Art I
Art and architecture from the prehistoric period to the Renaissance, including an
introduction to the fundamental principles and elements of design. Examination of works with regard to iconography, style, technique and function within a chronological framework.

CHM 315 I A - Analytical Chemistry + lab
Principles of analytical chemistry including sampling, treatment of data, wet methods of analysis and instrumental techniques. Applications of equilibrium and electrochemistry to chemical analysis. Laboratory experiments using gravimetric analysis, volumetric analysis, absorption spectrophotometry, conductance, chromatography and electrochemistry. 
Writing Intensive.

CHM 341 B - Biochemistry I + lab
Introduction to the chemistry of life, providing a general overview of biomolecular structure and function with emphasis on proteins/enzymes, lipids and membranes, 
and an introduction to metabolism.

CHM 490 A - Seminar
Current literature and/or research reports by students, 
faculty and visiting speakers. 


I'm not looking forward to Analytical. I have heard it's grueling and I have had the teacher before (for gen chem) and I didn't learn a thing! He's super unorganized and talks in circles, mainly about his cat. I think I'm going to like Biochemistry. Art 201 sounds like art history.. ICK. I'm not sure what to expect with the senior seminar. It only meets once a week.

Also, this semester, I am registered to tutor BIO 111 (general biology)
BIO 202 (zoology), BIO 204 (genetics), BIO 215 (micro/botany), 
and BIO 300 (cell biology). I hope I can tutor many students this semester!  

Next semester (my last one!), I will only need a literature class, Biochemistry II, and Advanced Biochemistry. I will also need to take Microbiology and Developmental Psychology for PA school requirements. Then in the summer, I will only have to take Anatomy and Physiology for PA school.


No comments:

Post a Comment